Tips For Hiring a Contractor
- Always ask for a firm price upfront.We hear many horror stories of non-reputable cleaning companies changing the price, after work has already begun,up charging the client Hundreds, even thousands more after the fact.Any reputable business can tell You exactly what it will cost , before any work is started.
- Beware of "Bait and Switch" pricing. These are the coupons everyone gets in the mail of "too good to be true" offers. these companies offer a very low price to get You to make an appointment.Once they get to Your home they use High Pressure sales tactics, or try and add on useless extras to raise the price up to much much more than the advertised price. Buyer Beware of these types of scams. Any Reputable Business will charge a fair price to stay in business and not try and hide the true cost of doing business with them.
- When in doubt, check with the Better Business Bureau or ask friends and neighbors who they use . Good Companies will have a good reputation.
- All cleaning methods are not the same.Make sure the job You need completed will be completed in a manner that wont cause duress after the job has been completed, like long drying periods for carpet that has traffic resuming quickly, or valuables that wont do well with hoses being drug through Your Home.
- Ask for a satisfaction guarantee.Any reputable contractor will stand behind their work.Your complete satisfaction should be a priority and not taken lightly.Sometimes, things don't always come out perfect, but a first class companies should correct any issues immediately, and at no extra charge for complete customer satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to move my furniture?
In most cases, no. Traffic areas get dirty from foot traffic but since there is no traffic under most furniture, the carpet underneath does not get dirty. Of course, if you would like us to move furniture, just tell us up front, so we can give an accurate price quote - much more labor is involved in moving furniture. Usually it is not required.
Do I have to stay off of the carpet for a long time?
No. In most cases the carpet will dry in 1-2 hours, and traffic can be resumed at that time.
I have pets, can they be on the carpet when you are here?
When we are cleaning in your home, it is a work area and pets should to be in another area. While we love pets, it's very difficult to work while being followed around or barked at. Pets can resume traffic in a couple of hours after we are finished.
Are there any bad odors?
Not at all - only the fresh smell of clean carpets and our citrus deodorizer.
I have valuable items in my home, do I need to move them?
For carpet cleaning, not usually. For air duct cleaning, we will occasionally have to move items, but only to access the vents. We will cover any items so no dust or debris will fall on them.
I have a lake house, will you travel there to clean?
Sure, we have clients at Lake Granbury, Possum Kingdom and Texoma.
Do you use contractors - who is coming into my home?
As the owner and operator, I perform all work on residential properties and most business properties myself. On larger commercial jobs, I may use other owner-operators like myself, but only on very large commercial work.